Power of 7
Word of the Day
This Week in History
Business Cloze Games
Complete each sentence with a word from the list:
board cargo customs declaration duty export import lading origin shipping
1. A company that sells local goods to overseas buyers and ships them out of the country is an
2. A company that buys foreign goods and ships them in from overseas is an
3. Goods that are being transported by ship, plane, train or truck are called
4. Goods that are being exported or imported can be inspected by officials from
5. Exporters declare the value of the goods they're exporting on a customs
6. Importers often pay a customs tax called
that's based on the declared value of the goods they're importing.
7. Exporters usually prepare a bill of
that lists the goods being exported and gives shipping instructions.
8. Goods are often shipped with a certificate of
that shows where the goods were manufactured.
9. Exporters can send overseas buyers "free on
" or f.o.b. quotes that include the cost of the goods and the cost of loading them onto a cargo ship.
10. Exporters can also send "cost, insurance, freight" or c.i.f. quotes that include the cost of the goods, the cost of insurance, and the freight or
© 1997-2014 EnglishClub