Sports Cloze Game 10
Sports Talk 3: Coaches
Match each sentence with a sport from the list:
American football baseball basketball car racing cricket golf rugby soccer tennis volleyball
1. "If you take a corner, make sure you put it high and deep so Phil can head it in from the back post."
2. "After screening one of their defenders, you need to roll on past the three-point line and find space for a pass."
3. "I want our linebackers and defensive backs to run off the line of scrimmage and blitz their quarterback."
4. "We'll bowl three more overs of spin, and then bring our fast bowlers back in time for the new ball."
5. "Stick with serve and volley for the most part, but stay back on the baseline now and then to keep her guessing."
6. "The greens are fast, so hit your approach shots below the pin and you'll have uphill putts instead of slippery downhill ones."
7. "Hit it to the right so our runner on second can get to third, and then our next guy bunts or hits a fly ball and we score."
8. "If you can push up on him through the chicane you'll have a good shot at passing him when you get to the back straight."
9. "If we get a scrum within 10 metres of the gaol line, I want the props to push it up to 4 or 5 metres before we go for a try."
10."We've got to attack, so we're going to a five-one offense with Jenny the only setter and the rest of you hitting and faking."