Too Tiny for Tea Quiz
A. Do you understand what the words in the story mean?
Match the vocabulary with the definitions:
|a||beautiful||1||the body part that tastes food|
|b||stirred||2||another word for stomach|
|c||basket||3||to be able to touch or grab something|
|d||tongue||4||an area out front or out back of a house|
|e||bike||5||touched with a soft up and down motion|
|f||patted||6||short for bicycle|
|h||spoon||8||used to stir or bring food to the mouth|
|i||to reach||9||very pretty, nice looking|
|j||yard||10||a net with a hole at the top and bottom|
|Too is a word that means more than enough.|
Use: too + adjective
I am too tired. I don't have enough energy.
This hat is too small. I need a bigger hat.
It's too cold outside. I don't want to play outside until it's warmer.
Look at the following sentences. Can you write the problems?
|You aren't tall enough to reach the shelf.||You are too short.|
|He has to be older to go on this ride.||He is _______ _______ .|
|I didn't have enough time to call you.||I was _______ _______.|
|You might burn your tongue on the soup.||The soup is _______ _______.|
|Jenna needs a smaller bike.||The bicycle is _______ _______ for Jenna.|
B. Do you understand how to use the words from the story?
Fill in the blanks:
1. Marty's mother __________ her tea with a silver spoon.
2. Marty's brother is throwing his ball into a __________ .
3. When Marty thinks about candy he can taste it on his__________.
4. Marty's mother__________ her belly after she told her son about the baby.
5. Jane thinks Marty's bike is too__________ .
C. Do you understand what the story is about?
Answer the comprehension questions:
1. How old is Marty?
- almost 5
- almost 6
2. What is Marty's brother doing in the story?
- going to the store
- washing the car
- cutting the grass
- playing basketball
3. What does Marty wish?
- That he was younger
- That he was a baby
- That he wasn't the youngest
- That he was shorter
4. What does Marty's mother bring to Marty's father?
- a ball
- a baby
- a bicycle
- a cup of tea
5. What does Marty's mother tell Marty?
- She is feeling better.
- He is going to grow soon.
- He is going to be a big brother.
- They are going to go shopping.
Now check your answers!