10 Twitter Tips for ESL Users
- Some people use a # in their tweets. This is called a hashtag. It helps create groups that share common interests.
- Twitter is very popular. It sometimes shuts down for a few minutes.
- You cannot change your tweet once you press submit.
- Even though your space is short, try to use proper English. Simple tenses are fine for most tweets.
- Many teachers use twitter. Ask for English help on twitter and one might reply.
- Send us a Direct Message. Tell EnglishClub what you want help with. We will reply on twitter!
- Twitter is available in Japanese. However, this will not help you improve your English. Set your language to English and give it a try.
- You can also use Twitter on your mobile phone. This requires text messaging and is a little more difficult. Standard text messaging rates apply. Add your phone number in the Settings
section. To turn off Twitter updates, text the word OFF to Twitter.
- Remember that Twitter is public. Anyone on Twitter can find your tweets.
- Never give out your real name and contact information to people you do not know personally.