Based on pollution vocabulary
Reading Comprehension Quiz
Based on pollution text
Change the following sentences from the passive to the active voice. Before you complete this exercise, review the grammar notes for the active and passive voices.Hint: Locate the sentence in the passage. You may need to read the sentence in context to rewrite it in the active voice.
- Water in many third world countries is contaminated by toxic chemicals, also known as toxins.
- Approximately 80% of infectious diseases in the world are caused by contaminated water.
- The public is generally warned before major health outbreaks occur.
Note: your new sentence may be slightly different than ours.
- Toxic chemicals, also known as toxins, contaminate the water in many third world countries.
- Contaminated water causes approximately 80% of infectious diseases in the world.
- Governments generally warn the public before major health outbreaks occur.