What To Read
Are you overwhelmed by the reading materials that are available? Without spending a penny, you can read printed texts (books, magazines, newspapers at the library), online materials (websites and blogs), and ebooks (on your mobile devices).
Think about what you like to read in your native language. Can you find these written materials in English?
There are two important things in deciding what to read:
- It should interest you, so that the reading is fun and not boring.
- It should be at a level that is not too difficult for you.
Here are some types of reading material to try:
- books (including children's books and graded readers)
- online news articles (try EC's easy news)
- online blogs about topics that interest you (search for "top 10 blog" lists by topic)
- letters (personal and commercial)
- transcripts (of some online videos) and sub-titles on films
- short stories (try these on EC)
- cartoons and jokes
- recipes for cooking
- advertisements and brochures