Two Team Quiz
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
1. Print one set of questions, either Idioms, Sayings or Slang, and the corresponding answer sheet.
2. Draw a scoring table on the board:
|Team A||Team B|
How it Works
1. Divide the class into two teams and have each team think of a name. Write the names on the scoring table. Briefly explain how the game works.
2. To begin, read the first question. If a member of either team thinks they know the answer, they raise their hand. Ask the first person to raise their hand to give their answer. If correct, their team earns one point. If incorrect, their team loses one point and any member of the other team can try to answer the question. If they answer correctly, their team earns one point. If they answer incorrectly, their team loses one point.
3. Continue by asking the next question. The game continues until you have asked all ten questions. The winner is the team with the most points. If scores are equal, the teams have tied.
- If no-one tries to answer a question within thirty seconds, give the answer and then continue as usual.
- Players can ask for a question to be repeated at any time.
- If you like, ask a member of your class to act as "quiz master". You can still help with scoring, pronunciation and time-keeping.