EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Online video chat with english students around the world

For teachers seeking other teachers for correspondence or to set up inter-school projects such as penpals or chat.

Moderator: Susan

Online video chat with english students around the world

Unread postby Hosseinsamavati » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 am

Dear Friends,

As you might know involving students in an English environment is the best way to boost their learning process. On the other hand they will be eager to learn more when you do this. So I plan to create this condition for my students. Hence I would like to ask you if we can do this together.I am sure it will be very helpful.
Please quote if you are interested,

Best regards,
Hossein Samavati
samavat05 @ gmail.com
Hosseinsamavati

Re: Online video chat with english students around the world

Unread postby StephanieBosch » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Hy there, I totally agree with you. The best way for students to learn another language is to use it. I am still a student and I am preparing a project with chat. I already have a class that would be willing to do the project with me.
My students are in 9th grade. Their first language is German, but they are learning English as their 2nd language. In October we will start a learning session using Chat and we are looking for Chatfriends anywhere with the right timezone. We would like to split both classes up into groups and let them prepare a presentation together. We prefer to correspond by email and via chat and to chat once a week for about four weeks. The goal is for both classes to communicate in English and not in a classroom environment. You will meet an enthusiastic class and teacher. We look forward to hearing from you.
StephanieBosch

Return to School Projects