EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Looking for a pen-pal class

For teachers seeking other teachers for correspondence or to set up inter-school projects such as penpals or chat.

Moderator: Susan

Looking for a pen-pal class

Unread postby ggroneet » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 am

Hello,

My name is Roneet and I am an English teacher and the school's English coordinator.
I am looking for teachers who are interested in sharing a 'pen-pal project' for the year 2011-2011 . Our students are 11-12 years old (grade 6) and are not English speakers as English is their second language.
Last year we had some good experience with a Jewish Sunday School from LA (http://www.tik-tak.co.il/Teacher/web/fo ... &kod=13448).
The project is a forum (you can take a look in the url given above) in which the students share their daily routine, hobbies, like and dislikes, holiday, school activities and more.
My goal is getting the students write in English (their second language) and increasing their vocabulary.

Hope this project may interests you. Please send an e-mail for more information.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Roneet Gutman Gross
Bar-Lev School - Petach Tikvah,Israel
ggroneet

Re: Looking for a pen-pal class

Unread postby veralika » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 am

Hello! Roneet
My name is Vera Lucia, I'm from Brazil. I really would like to sharing a pen-pal project with you, but I give English classes for sudents 14-16 years old. I've read what you posted and thinks it's very interesting, but my students are older than yours and interests are others.
Thanks
Vera Lucia
veralika

Looking for a pen pal class

Unread postby cawTassy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:20 am

Rid1 wrote:This is a very old thing im looking for

About 10 - 15 years ago, there used to be a young 10-12 yrs old scottish boy that used to sing english songs with a bagpiper playing the music for him...
I forgot his name, and the titles of his songs....
But I am trying to find some of his songs on , but i cannot if i duno his name...

Please help?
cawTassy

Return to School Projects