EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Writing swap [A move toward a real-world experience]

For teachers seeking other teachers for correspondence or to set up inter-school projects such as penpals or chat.

Moderator: Susan

Writing swap [A move toward a real-world experience]

Unread postby netsooz » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:01 am

Hello dear teachers,

I've always thought about establishing this writing swap system where students get the chance of sharing their texts with someone from another country. This way they are sure that someone other than their teacher will read their text so they will try hard to be as accurate as possible.
The procedure is simple:
- A topic is chosen by the teachers involved.
- Students type their texts and send them to their own teachers.
- Teachers then, swap the writings.
- Students get the new writings and respond to them and return them to their teacher for exchange.
This can go on for a long time if the topic are interesting and are related to students' favorites.

Those teachers who are interested in trying it out please leave a comment.
Also, in case you think the system could be improved, please let me know.
netsooz

Re: Writing swap [A move toward a real-world experience]

Unread postby hpfister » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Hello! I am an American currently teaching a project-based class to 12th graders in Thailand. Their English level is not terribly high, but I know that they would be interested in writing to students in other parts of the world! The school year in Thailand started back up in May and will end at the beginning of March. I would love to start this project as soon as possible! Your profile says you are based in Iran. Is that correct? Feel free to message me if you want to talk more about this.
hpfister

Re: Writing swap [A move toward a real-world experience]

Unread postby SvetlanaLob » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Hello collegues!
My name is Svetlana and I'm a teacher of English in Russia. My older students are 13-15 years old. What about joining our exciting international project dedicated to the history, culture, development and way of life of indigenous people of different regions of the world. We'll exchange exciting information (pictures, photos, historical facts, stories, etc) with interested students.
The first step of the project will be a visiting (greeting) card of the teams.
If you are with us and want to know more about our idea, please contant me: sch72@zaoproxy.ru
Looking forward for your replies,
Svetlana L.
SvetlanaLob

Return to School Projects