EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

American school would like penpals from all over the world!

For teachers seeking other teachers for correspondence or to set up inter-school projects such as penpals or chat.

Moderator: Susan

American school would like penpals from all over the world!

Unread postby kwilliams » Fri May 04, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi! My name is Kristi Williams and I teach at Blue Springs South High School in Blue Springs, MO USA. This year I have started a penpal program with a teacher in South Korea, and the other teachers in my department and school are jealous of my project. Many of the other teachers in my department have expressed an interest in getting penpals for their students starting in the fall. We then all got together and thought it would be fun if we got classes from all around the world and then had a "cultural fair" at the end of the year to showcase everything we have learned from our penpals. The American students LOVE hearing about foreign students. The students that would be participating in the exchange program would be 15-18, sophomores through seniors in high school. Things we have exchanged this year include videos of our schools, projects (art, music, etc.), letters, coins, pictures, food, emails, etc. The only thing we cannot do is chatboards, because our district does not allow access to those sites. Please contact me if you are interested in being a "pal" class with one of our classes here at BSSHS, and one of our teachers will get back to you.
Thank you,
Kristi
Kristi Williams
Read 180 Coordinator
Varsity assistant softball coach
Blue Springs South High School
Blue Springs, MO USA
kwilliams

Students from Catalunya look for american penpals

Unread postby yan » Mon May 07, 2007 1:45 pm

for kwilliams

Dear Kristi,

I work at an English Institute in Catalonia, Spain. The coordinator and I were thinking that this could be a good idea since we currently don't have any penpal programs. We have several junior classes and I myself have a group of teenagers that would be interested on being a "pal" class with one of your classes at BSSHS.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yaneth
yan

I'm up for it

Unread postby Amie » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:12 am

I am a teacher in Okinawa, Japan, and would be interested in setting up an exchange with a school in America. Let me know what your schedule for it is like, and I'll see what I can do!
amierevell@hotmail.com
Amie

Unread postby Carmen » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm interested in your pen-pal activity. I teach in a High School in Catania (Sicily). My students are aged 15-18 and they would be excited to have foreign pen-friends.
Let me know what to do in order to plan the project next year. Here in Italy schools are going to close for summer holiday, but it would be nice to keep in touch!
Looking forward to have your news!

Carmen
Carmen

Re: I'm up for it

Unread postby ofelia » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:00 pm

I'm a Portuguese teacher of English at a Secondary School.

In the Languages Department, the teachers of English would like their students to have keypals.Is there anyone interested in doing this in September and afterwards?
ofelia

Unread postby bayujatmiko » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:31 am

Hello Mrs. Williams, My name is Bayu. I'm an english teacher in a high school in Sulawesi (eastern Indonesia). My students are 15-18 year old. Your offer is very appealing. I'm planning to have penpal project for my students (they are beginners in English, and actually my english are not very good as well ). :oops: . We need pen pals (English natives or non natives) to improve our English, and I hope you could help us. We would like to share cultures and interests. I'm waiting for your/one of your friends' reply soon.
bayujatmiko

Unread postby romaysa » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:36 pm

Dear KRISTI,

My name's FOUZIA, I'm a secondary school teacher in Meknes (Morocco).
I'm quite interested in having pen pal students from your school for my students, as they are eager to start and exchange many things including informations, gifts, pictures .......etc.
my students' ages range between 14 and 18.
If one of your colleagues is interested please e-mail me..

Fifi_foufou1983@hotmail.com

Regards
why not exchanging views!!
romaysa

Hello from Serbia

Unread postby Milena » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:02 pm

Dear colleagues,
i am a thirty-year old English teacher from Serbia and I am very keen on meeting colleagues from all around the world. Being also an ELTA coordinator for my county, as well as president of the local teachers` association, I invite you all to join us at http://www.macvanski.page.tl where you can leave your contact details if interested in communicating with us.
One of my ideas is to work on common projects online and in person. Hopefully, some of our activities might lead to our schools twinning.
Best regards,
Milena Zecevic
Milena

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the world!

Unread postby karlyssmith » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:26 am

I am very interested in finding penpals for my students here in Taiwan. I am a foreign English teacher (from the US) teaching conversational English at one of the public schools here. I would like to find penpals for my senior highschool english club students. They're ages 15-17 and most are pretty proficient in their english abilities. I also work with junior high students 12-14 that, if possible, I would like to pair up as well. Post mail is preferred, as many students do not have regular access to computers.
karlyssmith

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the world!

Unread postby annsterrett » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:03 pm

Dear colleagues,

I am highly interested in finding penpals from America for my Korean students. I think it would be beneficial to their overall education, not to mention extremely entertaining, for them to write in English to someone their age. You most certainly understand this, and I would love to hear from you.

Warmest Regards,

Ann
annsterrett

Next

Return to School Projects