EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Looking for TESOL job offers in Brazil, Chile, Ecuador

Questions and advice about careers and employment in TEFL. Do not post job advertisements here.

Moderator: Susan

Looking for TESOL job offers in Brazil, Chile, Ecuador

Unread postby timnew » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:08 pm

After teaching English language subjects at an elementary school in Mexico for 13 months, I have began searching for a TESOL position elsewhere. Most of the positions listed here on My English Club forums and elsewhere (eg. Dave's ESL Cafe) have few if any listing for South American countries. I am particularly interested in Brasil (Brazil), Chile and Ecuador since they would allow me an opportunity to teach English and improve my own second languages - Portuguese or Spanish. Does anyone know where information relevant to TESOL jobs in South American can be found online?

I am not foregoing TESOL opportunities in Asia. I am applying for jobs in Asian countries that I find attractive. But I would also like information on TESOL jobs in South America.

Tim
esl at timnew dot com
timnew

Re: Finding TESOL Opportunities in Brazil, Chile, Ecuador

Unread postby postiemike » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:21 pm

I'm assuming you want a paying job. I have seen advertising through i-to-i about working as a volunteer in various countries in central and south america, but nothing for any paying work.

I was hoping you might be able to advise me the contact details of where you were working in Mexico, as I am on my way there in the next couple of weeks and will be looking for work.

Cheers,
Mike
postiemike

Return to Employment Discussion