EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Advice required on TEFL certification for job in France

Questions and advice about careers and employment in TEFL. Do not post job advertisements here.

Moderator: Susan

Advice required on TEFL certification for job in France

Unread postby Rene » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am really hoping to teaching English in France this year. I have a BSc and 2 years of experience teaching High School Science. My level of french is intermediate. I also have a 150 hour online TESOL course certification, but no actual experience teaching ESL. Would you recommend enrolling in a TEFL course with an in-class component, or are my current qualifications sufficient enough to secure a job. I don't want to shell out a couple grand for something I may not need. Thanks!
Rene

Re: Advice required on TEFL certification for job in France

Unread postby Susan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi Rene,

I think you may have a chance with some small private language schools for adults. Why don't you try contacting some now to gauge their reaction. This will help you make a more informed decision. Please remember that schools that accept teachers without the full qualifications don't usually pay the best and don't have the best working conditions. The choice is yours really but it should be possible to get a job.

Susan
Susan

Unread postby Rene » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks Susan,

I will definitely reach out to some small private language schools. Do you have any suggestions as to which ones?

Rene
Rene

Unread postby Susan » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:53 pm

I don't have any suggestions but I'm sure that if you google english language schools in Paris, you'll got loads of hits.

All the best,

Susan
Susan

Return to Employment Discussion