EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

How to write curriculum vitae and cover letter

Questions from teachers about English grammar and usage

Moderator: Susan

How to write curriculum vitae and cover letter

Unread postby Pheakdey » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:06 am

Is it better for me to ask some of you how to write such curriculum vitae and cover letter? Well, I used to know how to write them but I might be not sure to what I wrote. As a result, I would like you to inform me more how to write them. I firmly hope that you will try all your best to help me. I'm looking forward to seeing your recommendation. Thanks.
Pheakdey
Busy Member
Busy Member

Re: How to write curriculum vitae and cover letter

Unread postby ICAL_Pete » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:41 am

There's a lot to go into from the general style of the CV (thematic or chronological) to ways in which you can cover up embarrassing periods of no work. Take a look here where all this is covered in detail: CV/Resume Writing for TEFL.

Also, if you're feeling adventurous, you could try a video CV which is guaranteed to get the attention of a potential employer!
ICAL_Pete
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Re: How to write curriculum vitae and cover letter

Unread postby benniejohnson » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:38 pm

I've got to agree with @ICAL_pete, as a CV takes time to develop. It is worth it and you should have one ready, however it would be best for you to write it and then have someone edit it for you. Good luck with your new job!
benniejohnson

Return to Grammar and Usage