EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Need help in developing an Effective English Curriculum

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

Need help in developing an Effective English Curriculum

Unread postby samjohn » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Hello All,

I am new here and hence a brief introduction about myself. Sam John, a software engineer by profession and an English teacher by passion. I am from India and I have been teaching orphaned & underprivileged kids as a part of my volunteering act for the past 4 years with various Non-Profit movements in India.

I have been teaching the Cambridge curriculum to kids for the past 3 years and I could not find it meaningful as the kids were not able to connect to it in anyway. I believe in setting a healthy base foundation and hence I brought myself down and started teaching Basic English to kids from lower grades (Grade 5 & Grade 6).

I am right now in the process of setting up a Non-Profit Initiative which deals with teaching English & Implementing a career awareness program for kids (Grade 5 to Grade 8) from Tamil Nadu (a state in India).

Can someone help me out in developing a simple, effective and meaningful curriculum for English?

Thank you and Have a great evening with Smiles :)
samjohn

Return to ESL Teacher Discussion