EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Lets co-operate

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

Lets co-operate

Unread postby jebril » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 am

Dear Colleague,

There is far more to teaching than getting a degree and then teaching in a school or other educational institution. Of course, teachers should be well qualified and should have a positive attitude toward their job in order to do it to the best of their ability. I think teaching English is one of the most challenging and rewarding kinds of teaching, because we don't teach just the language: writing, reading, listening, and speaking. We teach the whole culture, explain the traditions and explore the civilization.

My name is Jebril Al-Qaderi. I am a Palestinian English language teacher at the Hisham Secondary school in Jericho. It is in the occupied territories in the West Bank in Palestine. I teach students aged 16 to 18. I give 26 English language lessons a week and teach around 200 students each year.

I got my B.A from Al Quds Open University (open learning). I couldn't Attend regular university because I have to work to help my poor family ( also we haven’t got our salaries for 8 months due to some political reasons). I face many troubles in my job (teaching the English language), especially in communicating with my Arab students and attracting them
to learn the English language which they find very difficult.

Due to this I start to develop myself to face my responsibilities toward my students and to satisfy my conscience. But our situation is really miserable due to the occupation, our financial problems, and that we don't have such educational organizations that can help us in this field (developing my English language and to keep myself updated with it).

So I start to seek the help from educational organizations or English Language native speakers who can help (which is stemmed out from their experience and instincts to help the others) me in this field.

I hope that you understand my situation and evaluate it well. Please help me in order to graduate a generation of students who can carry the message, the message of
life.

With all my respect,
Jebril.

Note 1: please feel free to ask about anything .don't hesitate to give me any suggestions, ideas, plans, name of organizations, and persons that can help me.

Note 2: I will be happy if you have any books, references, editorials, periodicals; CDS that you can me send a hard copy to my following mail address:

JEBRIL AL-QADERI, Hisham Ben Abd Almalik secondary school, Jerusalem Street, Jericho, West bank, Palestinian National Authority.
jebril

Unread postby chackavak » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi Jebril, how are you?
I read your message, I'm new in this site, I'm an English teacher in Iran ( you can see my profile )
I'd like to help you ... I'm teaching my student " New Interchange " books which are so good ... I also recommend you introduce your students " Grammar in Use " by: Raymond Murphy & " Elementary Vocabulary " , " Intermediate Vocabulary " & " Advanced Vocabulary " by: B.J.Thomas ...
chackavak

Return to ESL Teacher Discussion