EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

help needed training Chinese English teachers

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

help needed training Chinese English teachers

Unread postby jaydazed » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 am

Hello to whomever reads this,

I'm looking to find a manual, syllabus or curriculum or anything that I can use to preapre a 5 day training course for chinese junior english teachers. I have done my own training program

The teachers have obviously graduated from school and who have majored in Primary education, but their english is next to nothing! How can deliver a program that will keep them interested,learn new ideas and improve their students?!! I need to cover the basics listening, speaking, reading, writing, metodology and maybe audio/visual if this option is available in the room I'm given! needing to think of some activities for them as well...23-50 years old!!!!

Any help is much appreciated! I'm more than happy to exchange emails and send lesson plans I have done in the past to anyone who needs!

Cheers,

Jay
jaydazed

Re: help needed training Chinese English teachers

Unread postby lanze » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:38 pm

hi~Jay:)
I think video programme or games for Chinese teachers is helpful. My gf ever worked as an primary English teacher in China, she improved her English a lot in Primary education by given video programme or games. I believe it works to those teachers as well.

Regards!

Lanze
lanze

Return to ESL Teacher Discussion