EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Native English speaking ESL teacher needed for my project

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

Native English speaking ESL teacher needed for my project

Unread postby gregvan » Thu May 21, 2009 6:59 pm

I am a Chinese and earned my Ph.D. in English in a U.S. university. I am now writing a book in Chinese on how to prepare for the TOEFL integrated writing part (but the sample TOEFL essays in this book were written or edited by me). The book is almost finished and a famous publisher in Beijing, China, has agreed to having it published. Since I am not a native English speaker, I am afraid that some of the TOEFL essays might contain some minor idiomatic errors which I cannot identify(should have no grammar or mechanic errors since I am quite good at these two things).

Now I would like to have one or two native English-speaking teacher(s) to proofread those essays for idiomatic errors and have them corrected . The candidate(s) should have an undergraduate degree (preferrably Master's or Ph.D.degree) in ESL or related area, preferrably living in the U.S. or Canada for convenient contact purposes. The candidate(s) will be credited by being invited as writing advisor to the book and will have their name, photo, and brief bio published in the book if they like. In addition, the candidate will be paid US$0.01 for each word proofread (The total word count for all these essays should be around 10,000 words, and I expect the proofreading to be finished within a couple of days), and will be paid again when the book is published. The payment can be made through PayPal or by mailing a money order. Furthe cooperation will be expected if both the candidate(s) and I are satisfied with our cooperation in this project.

Please contact me at muduguilin@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thanks very much.
gregvan

Return to ESL Teacher Discussion