EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

American school would like penpals from all over the world!

For teachers seeking other teachers for correspondence or to set up inter-school projects such as penpals or chat.

Moderator: Susan

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the wor

Unread postby jlynnwall » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:06 am

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a 10th Grade English Teacher at Eastside High School in Paterson, NJ. I am looking to get a pen pal program started for some of my classes. My students are approximately 15-16 years old. They are primarily Hispanic and African-American students living in an urban area. Many of my Hispanic students have moved here from other countries. All of my students speak English and my Hispanic students all speak Spanish as well. My students face many challenges living in this area. The school, community, parents, and students are all struggling and have little resources compared to many suburban areas around them. However, the students really need a more international perspective on the lives of students their age around the world. More than 80 percent of my students entered 9th grade reading below their grade level so they could really use a fun project like this that they can connect to that will also help them practice writing at the same time. My students have little opportunity to travel outside of the streets of Paterson and this is a great opportunity for them to be exposed to more of the world and expand their horizons. They are a vibrant, outgoing, and caring group of students who would be extremely excited to make connections beyond their borders and learn more about the world around them. I would be thrilled to connect my students will a class outside of the United States but even just outside of Paterson, NJ would be a step in the right direction!

My email address is jlynnwall @ gmail.com so please feel free to contact me at anytime to discuss this further. Thank you!

Sincerely,
J. Wall
jlynnwall

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the world!

Unread postby Laurie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Dear Mrs Donna Steel

My name is Gudrun Korn and I am an English teacher at my own small private school in Bad Orb; Germany. I have students who would be interested in being pen pals with your students. They’re 10 -12 years old. Are you still looking for pen pals?

If you are interested, please email me back.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Gudrun
Laurie

Unread postby topsytess » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:46 am

Hi, I'm an English teacher from a school in France, I'm looking for an email project for my 14-15 year olds, would that be too young?
Karen
topsytess

Unread postby jennifer86 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Hello!

I am a Teaching Assistant from England who is training to be an English/Drama teacher and I have a class that would really benefit from talking to other students from around the world.

Is it too late to get involved in this project?

Thank you

Kind regards,

Jennifer Clarke
jennifer86

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the wor

Unread postby angiecch21 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:05 am

Hello

I am a teacher in Cozumel , Mexico and I would love to have my students practicing with some of yours.
please if you are interested . contact me. angiecch21 @ yahoo.com.mx

you can check our school website www.upc.edu.com Instituto Partenon de Cozumel this is the name of my school.

xoxoxo

Mrs. Angie
angiecch21

Unread postby Johny5 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:39 am

Thanks so much for sharing such useful information

comparatif assurance voiture
Johny5

Unread postby Johny5 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:41 am

I'm glad this thread is made where I can gain a lot of useful and informative input.

comparatif assurance voiture
Johny5

Unread postby Any06 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello Kristy:
My name is Anayda López I am the Head of the English Department at San Charbel School for boys in Lima Perú. I have registered to this web page today and I saw your request. If you are still interested, please let me know. My students will be back in August so perhaps we could do this project together. Here in Lima it is winter I do not know if you are in summer or fall. Well, please let me know.

Greetings,
Anayda Lopez
Any06

Unread postby Olga » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi, Kristi!
I teach English in Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk oblast, Krivoy Rog. I want to show my students the way to use language for communication, for getting some information of culture and lifestyle of american students. I think this project and you personally could help me to show the benefits of learning English. Thank you :) And, by the way, I would like to improve my own knowledge of English.Because it is said live and learn, I guess it's my motto.
Bye!
Olga

Unread postby hamdi2009 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:33 pm

hello
i am hamdi srissar from dakhla ' Morocco ' i am a high school english teacher.
i have been teaching english for six years . Moreover; i am doing my master degree in communication studies i am about to defend my thesis it is about diplomacy .
importantly i am interested in sharing my modest experience in teaching with all teachers all over the world especilaly with teachers who are interested in using new technology in teaching methodology
i myself like to use all available technology materials in my class and with my students especially when i am doing an interactive activity
i am also interested in getting in touch with associations all over the world which are interested in exchange programms either students /students or teachers./teachers since i am the president of an association whose main goals in addition to exchange programs ,giving reinforcement courses in english language to poor students in my city.
hoping to hear from new friends all over the world
hamdi
hamdi2009

PreviousNext

Return to School Projects