EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

American school would like penpals from all over the world!

For teachers seeking other teachers for correspondence or to set up inter-school projects such as penpals or chat.

Moderator: Susan

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the world!

Unread postby OJO MENTOR » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 am

Hi,

My name is Joanna and both myself and my husband who is a New Zealander are English teachers in Ostroda in Poland.
Our English Centre is opened in the afternoons and we do courses from beginners to Advanced. We have many high school students who would be interested in your project.

look forward to your reply
Joanna
OJO MENTOR

Pen Pals in South Dakota!

Unread postby teachforhope » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:07 am

Hello!

I am currently teaching at a Native American reservation in South Dakota and would love to have some pen pals for my students! I teach writing, grades 6-8, and have about 80 students. Please let me know if you would be interested in setting up a pen-pal exchange between our students through snail mail/regular post. I am sure my students could learn quite a bit from yours, and the different cultures could be very enriching for our students! Please email me at mysticwolf003@yahoo.com if you are interested!
Thank you for your time,
Alexa Talamo
teachforhope

Unread postby Yullka » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 am

Hello,
I'm a russian teacher of English. I've been teaching for 16 years. I'd be happy to give my students opportunity to take part in one of your projects. Please let me know what I should do to get involved in this interesting activity. My e-mail is julia-bot@mail.ru

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Yullka.
Yullka

Unread postby ushka » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Hello!
I am interested in finding penpals for my students.I am a teacher of English in a Secondary School in Russia. I work with students. They are ages 11-17.Some of them have an access to computers,others prefer post mail.I would like to have someone to speak with.
ushka

Unread postby merche » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:38 am

Hi Kristie,
My name is Merche. I am a Primary School teacher teaching English as a foreign language to children aged 8 to 12 and I would really love to take part in a pen pal project.I have commented this idea to my pupils and they love it and they're very keen in starting this project. I think it's a good way to motivate and improve their language skills.

By the way I am from Spain. ( Caceres ) near Madrid. So the cultural exhange would be great even though my pupils are younger, it would be a great experience for them.

I would really like to hear from you soon.

Merche (Spain)
merche

Spanish penpals look for English penpals

Unread postby azulena » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi everybody!!

My name is Susana. I am an English teacher from Spain (Valencia). I am really interested in finding pen pals for my students at Compulsory Secondary Education (14-15 years old). I think this is a very good opportunity to show our students the numerous advantages of learning English. They can communicate with people all around the world, they can get to know different customs and traditions, they can access to all sorts of information, among other things.

My students like the idea of getting to know students from English speaking countries, because they can improve their language skills at the same time they are having fun.

If you are looking for Spanish penpals, please contact me. Our students can help each other both in Spanish and in English.
susana.lopezperez@hotmail.com
azulena

Unread postby veramaligina » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:46 pm

Dear friends, I'm an English teacher from Ukraine, a nice country in the middle of Europe.
I'm just a beginner in surfing in the Internet, and was so glad to find your E-mail about looking for penpals from around the world.My students(13-14 years old) have been studying English for 5 years ( only 2 lessons a week). They are eager to change E-mails,to take part in your project.They will tell you about their hobbies, studies, after-
school activities, our customs and traditions.
We are looking forward to hear from you.
Hope to be your future penpals, 14 Ukrainian teens and their teacher-Vira
Maligina.
veramaligina

Re: American school would like penpals from all over the wor

Unread postby LyndaKay » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Kristi,

I work at a maritime university in Tampico, Mexico. My students would really like to participate in an e-pal program with your students!! My students range in age from 17 to mid twenties. I teach four groups of approximately 25 students each and my three colleagues also have four groups of approximately the same size. Is it too late for us to participate with you?

Our school's website is http://www.fidena.gob.mx/fidena where you can find out more about us and what we do. My students will be future captains and mechanical engineers for the merchant marine (commercial shipping industry) so English is really important for them.

Please let me know if we can fit into your project, because I think it would be a fun and rewarding experience for both our schools.

Take care,

Lynda Deckard Ramos
Last edited by Susan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed poster's email address
LyndaKay

Unread postby kainso » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 am

Hi,

I am a English Secondary school teacher and I am looking for a penfriend network for my students. For details, please contact me: soyunhinking@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Kain
kainso

Unread postby norfhaziahamer » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:08 pm

My name is JIE. i am secondary teacher from Malaysia. i would like to join pen pal program for my students (age 13-17) in order to improve their proficiency in English. I would like my students to have a pen pal from all over the world who uses English as first or second language. i can be contacted through my email pa_gdcraz3381@yahoo.com . Hope to hear from you soon.
norfhaziahamer

PreviousNext

Return to School Projects