EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Indonesia

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

Indonesia

Unread postby boynextdoor » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:41 pm

I am doing a TEFL course in October and was thinking of going to Indonesia. However, most of the sites I have seen seem to gloss over some issues and skim on details., whilst others, such as the home office, just say do not go there under any circumstance.

I cant imagine it being all that bad. Is anyone out there? What are the women like?
boynextdoor

Unread postby jalu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:07 am

Don't hasitate visiting Indonesia. Come and you'll see Indonesia is different from what you have heard. COntact me if you need assistance about your trip to my country.

Jalu
Bogor City
jalu

Unread postby dwi amelia » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:01 pm

my name is amelia and i come from indonesia. maybe i can hep you, too.
indonesia people still have a normal life like every other country people have. so, please don't be afraid to come to our country.
may i know what city you'll visited?
dwi amelia

Unread postby boynextdoor » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:15 pm

Thank you for the response. I would really like any information about working in Indonesia, and all information about the culture there would also be brilliant.

I imagine that I would probably head for Jakarta, but do not know, I believe it is a big, big city and maybe I would like somewhere a bit more relaxed!!

I do not know though, again, any information would be massively appreciated!
boynextdoor

Re: Indonesia

Unread postby wendysdoxies » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 am

Hi boynextdoor!

My sister went to Indonesia for over a year and had a good experience! She did get food poisoning once by eating food from a vendor!! I'm sure she would go back again. If you would like her email so that you could discuss it with an "All American girl" just respond to me and I will give it to you:-)

Wendy
wendysdoxies

Unread postby danh » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi prospective TESL Teacher.

I am sure there are some gorgeous places to teach in Indonesia. Yes, Muslim is very dominant there.

I taught for free in a Muslim School. And got free acomodation. I do not know how to officially set up a contract, but would recomend doing this before you go. Maybe just do a 3 month contract. Then you can get some experience. Take some reosources with you on how to teach speaking and listening.

Enjoyed interacting with the students. Knowledge and the use of is the biggest tool for teaching.

I taught in Domai in Sumatra. My only experience of Indonesia so far. Meet some really nice people, but was a very poor part of Indonesia.

Chur Chur

Dan
danh

Unread postby harvest » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 am

hello boynextdoor,

if you wanna come to indonesia, it will be a great experience. there are so many places here ( Indonesia) for you to teach...especially in sumatra or kalimantan. be sure that what people tell you about indonesia is not the real indonesia if you dont come and experience it yourself.

we will welcome you

:-)
harvest
Busy Member
Busy Member

Return to ESL Teacher Discussion