EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

8th Graders Looking for ESL students for Email Penpals!

For teachers seeking other teachers for correspondence or to set up inter-school projects such as penpals or chat.

Moderator: Susan

8th Graders Looking for ESL students for Email Penpals!

Unread postby kstevens » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Good Afternoon,

I am a teacher at a middle school in Portsmouth, VA. Almost all of my students speak English as a first language, but they are not the best writers. I would really love to find a teacher or two whose students would be willing to maintain an email correspondence perhaps once a week or once every two weeks or so. I feel that if I were able to stress that their pen-pals come from a different culture and speak a different language, my students may be extra careful in their wording and grammar and make tremendously improvements writing Standard English. I am not the only teacher at this school that is interested, so I would love to hear from any and all teachers that would be interested in participating.

The students are in the 8th grade and thus their ages vary from 12-15.

Please reply here with your information, or send me an email at kathryn.stevens@pps.k12.va.us
My suggestion is to do both, as my email is through the school and sometimes dislikes certain email providers.
kstevens

Re: 8th Graders Looking for ESL students for Email Penpals!

Unread postby brosskatz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:55 am

Hi Kathryn,

I just moved from Arlington, VA to China last August. I am a college ESL teacher at Nanchang University in Nanchang, Jiangxi, China. I have 180~ English Majors who would be interested in starting pen-pal relationships with your students. Their writing proficiency varies widely, from very fluent to almost incomprehensible. Would you be willing to set up a penpal relationship between my students and yours?

I look forward to hearing from you!
Ross
brosskatz

Unread postby Alexia » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Hello, Kathryn:

I´m a teacher at a small language school in a small town in SP, Brazil. Most of my students are doing English courses at a pre-intermediate level. We´re Brazilians, our first language is Portuguese and I´d be happy to have my students exchanging e-mails with yours not only to improve their English but also to make them interested in another culture. Write to me in case
you´re interested.

My e-mail address is
zoealmeida@yahoo.com

BEst,
Alexia
Alexia

Unread postby vista » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi Kathryn,
I´m a teacher at an English School in Bandung, Indonesia. I currently teach a wide variety of age groups and levels. I´d be happy to have my students exchanging e-mails or letters. They're really sociable and I think it will benefit all of our students. Contact me, if you're interested.

My e-mail: vista.puri.cendhani@gmail.com
vista

Return to School Projects