EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Where to start with this website?

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

Where to start with this website?

Unread postby tails » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 am

I was advised to use this website by a nice chap on the British Council website.

I am a prospective teacher having applied to work in Korea and I'm currently starting a TEFL course. Ideally I will teach elementary students, what would you recommend I read first. I have created one lesson plan and would like to create more, any information in regards to that would be great.

Thanks for reading.
tails

Re: Where to start with this website?

Unread postby Susan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 pm

YOu've started in a good place with the forum.

You can ask any questions here; you can also look at questions other people have asked and see the answers.

YOu can look at tips for new teachers here:

http://www.englishclub.com/teaching-tips/index.htm

And read articles here:

http://edition.englishclub.com/category/tefl-articles/

All the best!
Susan
Susan

Unread postby tails » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks Susan, I shall have a read. The net seems awash with different resources it is difficult to know which ones to use.

As you are based in the Uk do you know where I could either go watch or perhaps watch a video of someone teaching elementary students. i have enrolled on a TEFL course which has some classroom practise but it is not a CELTA. I really want to understand how to operate in a classroom.
tails

Unread postby jimmason » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:07 am

tails wrote:Thanks Susan, I shall have a read. The net seems awash with different resources it is difficult to know which ones to use. Small Business Web Hosting

As you are based in the Uk do you know where I could either go watch or perhaps watch a video of someone teaching elementary students. i have enrolled on a TEFL course which has some classroom practise but it is not a CELTA. I really want to understand how to operate in a classroom.

I'm also wondering where you can watch a video of someone teaching. Let me know if you found anything.

Thanks,

-Jim
jimmason

Return to ESL Teacher Discussion