EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

online tutoring V/S in house tutoring

For general discussion between ESL teachers.

Moderator: Susan

Re: online tutoring V/S in house tutoring

Unread postby Habbakuk » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:15 am

As both a teacher and student, I would choose online learning over conventional learning any day. The Internet is the way of the future. ICAL_Pete has already raised most of the advantages about online learning.

One thing not so good about online teaching is when it comes to younger kids. I don't think it's a very viable way of teaching at all, because kids need that face to face interaction.
Replica Watches Swiss Cartier Replica Watches
Habbakuk

Unread postby melvin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:19 am

the problem with online tutoring is the attention span of the student
melvin

Unread postby Addie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:21 am

Being a tutor is not easy and again being a good tutor is further tough. Adequate tutoring tips are needed in order to flourish as a wonderful tutor. Willingness to work is indeed the primary criterion in order to be a great tutor.

Be prepared and be well planned before you start even as a tutor as these two stands as the elementary base for being a good tutor. You should plan it well how you are going to present things and actually what you would be presenting. Well planning and preparation eliminates a lot of tension. Then comes the most vital part and that is the practice. The more you practice the more you become perfect. So you must be well practiced in order to flourish as a good tutor. Get ready to answer whatever the student asks. You should have answer to all of their queries. Patience is indeed necessary here and to be patient is therefore another important tutoring tip. It`s not necessary to cover whatever is written in the book but what is necessary is to make them understand the crux of the thing. Finally it is passion to be a good tutor will make you to be a great tutor. Tutoring is just not a job but is a profession hence adequate tutoring tips and that fire that is there inside you indeed helps you in being the best.
Addie

Unread postby konteyner » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:12 pm

hello
However given the choice I prefer in house by MILES.
Last edited by Susan on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To remove irrelevant comment
konteyner

Unread postby konteyner » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Online courses offer a great training opportunity at entry level. They can provide a thorough grounding in a new career and the right tools to approach a new profession within a manageable amount of time and finances.
Last edited by Susan on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To remove link
konteyner

Unread postby latin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:52 am

nice information....i appreciated your effort..I would like to see more posts like this.thanks

Accredited high school diploma online
latin

Unread postby Diana » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:16 am

Whether online tutoring or home tutoring, what matters is how the teacher connects with the children. I have bee online tutoring for a while using Skype for taking classes and it makes no difference to me as you can take classes while also monitoring what's happening out there in the class. There are instances where online ESL classes are conducted via [url]windows live support chat and tech support[/url]
Diana

Unread postby methiw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:47 am

Hi everyone .. i am methiw..
house tutoring: we personally go to tutor for the tutions.Tutor teach the student by face, and there is a time limit also.
online tutoring: global teachers are provided on the internet.. students not even learn study related things..at anytime student can learn. even there is no time limit.
but now a days students prefer online tutions.. bcoz they are free..means no boundations ..thats why there are so many sites, forums available to learn.one of the site through me and my friends always do studies is acropolismentors..they have so much experienced staff.
methiw

Unread postby gilliandunn » Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 am

I think Home tutoring is better than online tutoring. Kids getting special attention at home. You cannot judge the improvement of kid by sitting miles away from him. I am always support home tutoring.
gilliandunn

Unread postby profteach » Tue May 20, 2014 9:56 am

I'm torn between the two. There's is so much more hand-on work that goes into teaching face to face. You get to know the person, their learning styles and as such, you can cater your workshops to suit them. Online pays better and has it's own advantages but you never really get to know your students. It's strictly curriculum based and I find it somehow less stressful.
profteach

PreviousNext

Return to ESL Teacher Discussion