Prepositions beginning with D
- We went swimming despite the cold water.
- He passed the test despite being ill.
- They ran down the hill.
- The post office is down the road.
- They have had many wars down the years.
- He fell asleep during the meeting.
- I want to go swimming during the weekend.
- I was bored during the whole film.
- We'll play tennis tomorrow, depending on the rain.
- The cancellation was due to the rain. There was no other reason.
For a full list of 150 prepositions, try this ebook, English Prepositions List by EnglishClub founder Josef Essberger.
- includes one-word and complex prepositions
- 370 example sentences
- 200 quiz questions with answers
- immediate download to your computer
- read on your computer or print out on paper
- works on Windows or Mac