Prepositions beginning with I
- Monkeys live in the jungle.
- John is the man with his hand in his pocket.
- I live in an apartment.
- She lives in Bangkok.
- Tara was born in 1977.
- Trains were invented in the nineteenth century.
- I'll come back in two weeks.
- Let's meet in the morning.
- There are 60 seconds in a minute.
- The price is $70 including $10 for delivery. (Total = $70.)
- There were four of us, including the baby.
- It was dark inside the tunnel.
- My modem is inside my computer. It's an internal modem.
- John went into that shop.
- If you heat ice it turns into water.
- We cut the cake into ten pieces.
- Five into ten makes two.
in addition to
- There were two people in addition to me. So that made three of us.
- He is in between the two opinions. He wants to compromise.
in case of
- You can phone me in case of need. Day or night.
in face of
- He reacts bravely in face of danger.
in favour of
- I am not in favour of your idea. It won't work.
in front of
- You can park your car in front of my house.
- I couldn't see the film because the woman in front of me was wearing a
in lieu of
- I don't have any dollars. Can I pay euro in lieu of dollars?
in spite of
- We went swimming in spite of the cold water.
- We don't have any tea. Would you like coffee instead of tea?
in view of
- In view of your illness, we will wait for a week.