Helping You Learn or Teach English
Welcome to EnglishClub, a free website designed to help you learn English online. It's your club, where you can:
- make your own English page with blogs, photos, videos, music, groups and friends
- test your level in English and get help with English grammar
- study English grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- play English games and do English quizzes online
- chat in English with other students and teachers
- find schools where you can learn English at home or abroad
- find penpals for English practice
EnglishClub is divided into various main sections that you can navigate easily. Some of the most popular are:
- English Grammar: with help and tutorials on everything from tenses to prepositions
- English Vocabulary: help and resources on English words, with explanations
- English Pronunciation: tutorials and sound files explaining aspects of English pronunciation such as word stress, sentence stress and linking
- Grammar Help: 24-hour English Help Desk with real live Teachers to answer your questions
- Play ESL Games: play word games like Hangman, and learn English while having fun!
- Discuss at ESL Forums: where you can express your views and have a discussion in English
- Chat in ESL Chat: where you can chat online with English learners and teachers worldwide
- Listen to the News in English: with texts and questions to help you
- MyEnglishClub: start your own page and invite your friends
- Learning English Video Project: short films about learning English around the world
- Business English: Business English resources including money matters, news and professional seminars on subjects like CVs/resumes or presentations
In addition to the above, you'll find the following resources particularly useful:
- 7 Secrets for ESL Learners - these secrets come direct to you by email
- Web Links for English Learning
EnglishClub comes to you from England. It is written mainly in British English. But we have pages about other varieties of English such as American or Canadian. Don't be surprised if you see a word that you think is wrongly spelled! Some words are spelled differently in British English and American English. "Colour", for example, is British English. In American English it is "color". We try to make this clear when it is important.
EnglishClub is free. And EnglishClub is totally independent - unaffiliated to any other language organisation.
EnglishClub is your club. Please feel free to use it in any way you wish to learn English.
Interviews about EnglishClub with Josef Essberger: