First Olympics refugee team – Answers
Games of the XXXI Olympiad – Rio de Janeiro, 2016
Answers to the quiz questions in our blog about the First Olympics refugee team:
- No. This is the first time a team of refugees has competed at the Summer Olympics.
- None. All the team members live in other countries now.
- Five. The team has five members who’ve lived in Kenyan refugee camps since escaping from war in South Sudan.
- Six. The team has six runners, including five South Sudanese middle-distance runners and one Ethiopian marathon runner.
- Judo. Both Yolande Bukasa Mabika and Popole Misenga are competing in the sport of judo.
- Syria. The team’s two swimmers Rami Anis and Tusra Mardini escaped from Syria, their country of birth.