How to Find a Skype Partner
Do you use Skype? Skype is a great service for video calling. You need a computer with Internet access and a web camera. Many laptops have built-in web cameras.
You can use Skype to practise speaking with other English learners (and teachers). The only difficult part is finding a partner!
MyEnglishClub has just made it easier for you to find other English learners (and teachers) on Skype. First set up your Skype account. Then follow these easy steps and get talking!
Help Skype users find you…
1. Go to your MyEC page. (If you are not a member yet, join today. It’s free!)
2. Click on Settings in your profile box.
3. Scroll down to “Skype User?” Change to “Yes”.
Find the Skype users you want…
1. Hold your mouse over the MyECMembers tab.
2. Click on Advanced Search.
3. Choose the type of partner you want (for example consider the gender, English level, or country of origin)
4. Scroll down to Skype User?. Change the box to “Yes”.
5. Hit Search.
Exchange Skype ID
1. Send a private message to the members you want to Skype with.
2. Exchange Skype ID’s privately.
Schedule your Skype Date
Use private messages, chat or MyEC walls to arrange you Skype conversations. Pick a time and day that works for both of you. Think of this as a class that you wouldn’t miss!
What to talk about on Skype?
You can use Skype to chat informally (get to know each other) or practise specific English skills (i.e. practise asking and answering questions in a certain tense). Here is a list of resources you can use to spark a Skype discussion:
- The Learning English Video Project: Watch one of the films before you Skype. Click on “Classroom Worksheet” and do the activities together on Skype.
- The Monthly News Digest: Each month there are 4 Discussion questions.
- Use the Talking Point Discussion Forum: You will never run out of things to talk about. Work your way down the list.
- Practise Small Talk: Try all of the different scenarios and conversation starters in these pages.
- Practise Dialogues: There are many dialogues to practise in the English for Work section.
- Discuss Health Issues: Each lesson in this section has a set of “Discussion” questions.
- Discuss the Environment: Each lesson in this section has a set of “Discussion” questions.
- Make up your own set of 10-20 questions. Interview your Skype partner. (Take turns asking and answering questions.)
Tip: *You can also join the “Find a Learning Partner Group“. Many members are sharing Skype ID’s there.
Do you use Skype? Share your story about the first time you used Skype. Who did you Skype with? How did you feel? What did you talk about?
Tara Benwell is a Canadian freelance writer and editor who specializes in materials and articles for the ELT industry.
I want to leran English.
skype : kokuro3
Gull preet says:
Hey, any body if you want to speak English with me than call me on my wtsapp number
Or my Skype id.
Azhar Ali that are my user name
hey i want to improve my english anyone connect me on skype or line app firstname.lastname@example.org
singh preet says:
hello i want to speak english with skype anyone person connect me to learn english language
I wish to learn & improve my spoken English..
I’m Searching for English partner to improve my communication skills If your interested add me on skype :
Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of information on your site.
Im really impressed by your blog.and you write about literature.
I job as an author and blog writer. I enjoy creating different overview articles and essays.
You can fin myy works here: wowgrade com.I really hope it will help somebody aas well.
Hey there, You have done an incredible job. I’ll certaainly digg it and individually suggest to my friends.
I aam sure they’ll be benefitfed from this web site.I work as
a writer and blogger. I like writing various overview artiles and
essays. You will find mmy functions here: writing.I am hoping this helps
I want to improve my English conversation skill through skype , anyone help .
Hey 👋🏼 skype: M_alfy4
Fitroh Dwirochman says:
Hi everyone, my name is fitroh from Indonesia, if you want to talk with me to improve english conversation skill please contact me at skype “fitroh dwirochman” thank you
Hi everyone. My name is Yerke and I want to find someone to talk in English. I know Kazakh and Russian, we can help each other to improve our English speaking. Oww and I’m from Kazakhstan. My skype: nukaeva2013_1
W1ff1 A says:
Hi!, Someone to have a conversation vía skype?. Write me at “Lifhit Dev”.
my skype address is
Habesha Amerga want to practice english
Mayur Satao says:
I’m from INDIA. If anyone is willing to help me in improving English Speaking Skills, we can have a skype conversation.
Anik Barua says:
I am writing from Bangladesh. I want to communicate with someone who help to betterment of my English.If any
interested please give a buzz in Skype.
mohd farhan says:
i want to improve my english communication skill talking with some one on skype.if anybody help me ..they will be helped ever for sure..
Fatimah abdulaziz says:
I want to improve my english speaking skills for my language school ,and i am searching for a partner even if a student ” its fine ” . here is my skype ,” fatimahabdulaziz ” .
foridul islam says:
I want improve my English skill talking with someone on skype
Imran Ali says:
I want to learn English