Listen&Learn: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the GalaxyJaksyn Peacock
- science fiction: a genre of stories about futuristic ideas like aliens and time travel
- protagonist: the main character of a story
- escape: to leave a dangerous situation
- reveal: to give someone information that they didn’t know before
- satirical: using humour to criticize something
- adventure: an exciting and sometimes dangerous experience
1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a novel based on a
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a novel based on a radio series.
2. Arthur goes to space because
Arthur goes to space because he learns that the world is about to end.
3. Arthur learns that Earth was actually
Arthur learns that Earth was actually a computer.
- Can you think of some other books, movies, or TV shows that use humour to criticize society?
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a comedy science fiction novel by English author Douglas Adams. The book is based on a radio series that Adams created in 1978. The protagonist, Arthur Dent, learns from his alien friend Ford Prefect that the world is about to end. Ford helps Arthur escape, and the two begin to travel through the galaxy. Along the way, Arthur learns that Earth was really a computer built to reveal the truth about “life, the universe, and everything”. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a very satirical story. Many of the humorous events in the book represent problems in society. Adams published four more novels about Arthur Dent’s adventures before his death in 2001.
Search for more Listen&Learn stories:
Lutur Alam says:
Thank you English Club for helping us to improve our Basic English.
I highly appreciate it,
It is really nice
williams moron says:
Thank you very much!
The King Of Love From IRAN says:
Thank you for sharing it with us,
Michael J. Sullivan says:
What about Charles Dickins’, novel, “Oliver Twist?” A satire of societal attitudes towards children in an industrializing Britian of the 1800’s.
I am from Myanmar and I want to learn English and work at US .Now I am a student and my dream is to shift my family to Canada ,I don’t want to live here .My countries people of 80% have no brain like kindness on each other and a lot of are poor .So I am now study English and work in other development country and etc.