Listen&Learn: The Lion, The Witch and the WardrobeJaksyn Peacock
- wardrobe: a closet where a person can hang their clothes
- throne: the position that a king or queen holds
- ruler: the person in charge of a place
- defeat: to beat someone in battle
- crown: to give someone the position of king or queen
1. The siblings discover Narnia after
The siblings discover Narnia after they walk into the wardrobe.
2. The rightful ruler of Narnia was
The rightful ruler of Narnia was the lion.
3. When the siblings return home, they realize that
When the siblings return home, they realize that no time has passed.
- Fantasy elements, like witches, kings, queens, and magical worlds, are very common in children’s novels. Why do you think children enjoy fantasy so much? Why is it less common in books for adults?
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is a fantasy children’s novel written by British author C. S. Lewis. The story is about four young siblings who walk into a wardrobe and accidentally discover a magical world. This world is called Narnia, and it is under the rule of an evil witch. She has taken the throne from the rightful ruler, a lion named Aslan. The children have to help the citizens of Narnia defeat the witch. At the end of the story, Aslan crowns the siblings rulers of Narnia, and they grow up in the magical world. When they travel back home, they find that they are still children, and that no time has passed at all. After publishing The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe in 1950, Lewis published six more books about the land of Narnia. The series still has many fans today.
Search for more Listen&Learn stories:
Steven W says:
Good exercise for the homework.
It’s really help me listening for English .
Leticia Parra says:
I love it it really help me practicing
Amazing, I like this movie too.
I love that movie because this author make fantastics worlds to children.
Thank you. Love it
Woradorn soonthornpan says:
Thanks very well 🙂
Nestor Fernandez says:
Thanks a lot. I loved this exercise.
MARI CARMEN says:
Benoit QUESNEL says:
Thank you, I will try with my children to listen this lesson. It’s nice. A great exercise.
The King Of Love From IRAN says:
Christine PENNEC says:
wonderful. It’s magical
An amazing exercise children will love it. I liked it and I am not a child. Aslan was my favorite character in the Narnia series.
Amanuel Tsegai Belai says:
I am so happy to continue like this because it is really Iappricated.
A good story!
Siomara de Cássia Miranda says:
I really appreciated this story! Cheers for the choice!
Silvana Bucheli says:
I loved the exerxise
Silvana Bucheli says:
I moved the exercise, I practiced writing, listening, comprehension and reading.Thanks a bunch.
Mohamed Tharwat says: