LISTEN & LEARN in Easy English
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- protagonist: the main character of a story
- cyclone: a type of tropical storm
- fantastical: strange and unrealistic; something out of a story
- request: something that is asked for
- quality: a trait or feature that someone has
1. Dorothy lives with her aunt and uncle in
Dorothy lives with her aunt and uncle in Kansas.
2. The character who wishes for a heart is
The character who wishes for a heart is the tin man.
3. Dorothy returns home with the help of
Dorothy returns home with the help of a witch.
- What do you think the most important message is in this story? Why is that message important to have in a children’s book?
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is a classic children’s novel written by American author L. Frank Baum. The story’s protagonist is a girl named Dorothy who lives in Kansas with her aunt, her uncle, and her dog. One day, a cyclone carries Dorothy’s house off to a magical land known as Oz – a place populated by witches, flying monkeys, and other fantastical creatures. Dorothy seeks the advice of a witch, who informs her that Oz is ruled by an all-powerful wizard who can send her back to Kansas. Eager to return home, Dorothy begins a journey to meet the wizard. On the way, she makes a few unusual friends: a scarecrow, a tin man, and a lion. Each one has a different request for the wizard – the scarecrow wishes for a brain, the tin man wishes for a heart, and the lion wishes for courage. The wizard, however, is not what they expected, and each character must gain the quality they wish for by finding it within themselves. Dorothy’s request is more complicated, but with the help of a witch, she is eventually able to return home.
this story helps me learn new words and improve my listening skill. In addition, it’s a good way to relax by reading some classic children’s novel
A MAGIC STORY TAKE US TO WILL IMAGINE
Olga Lucía Sabogal Zárate says:
The story is basic to practice our listening hability
Nimra Hussain says:
Mashallah it is quite beneficial for us to have such online activities during this lock down situation.
it is a wonderful fantasy story that learn children to not ask for having somethings that are impossible to have regarging to their qualities