Listen&Learn: Joe BidenJaksyn Peacock
- council: a group of politicians who make decisions for a city, town, or county
- candidate: someone who is running in an election
- tragedy: a sad and terrible event
- campaign: to take action for a specific goal, such as winning an election
- incumbent: a politician who is already in office
- inaugurate: to formally put an elected candidate into office
1. Biden first became involved in politics when
Biden first became involved in politics when he became part of a county council.
2. In 2008, Biden became the running mate of
In 2008, Biden became the running mate of Barack Obama.
3. Biden's inauguration took place in
Biden's inauguration took place in January 2021.
- Many of Biden’s speeches since his election have mentioned uniting people of different backgrounds and political beliefs. He seems to believe that his country will be stronger if people can work together. Why is this an important message?
Joe Biden is the 46th president of the United States. He was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania in November 1942. Biden first became involved in politics in 1970, when he was elected to a county council in Delaware. Two years later, he ran for the U.S. Senate as a candidate for the Democratic Party. However, before he was able to begin working as a senator, Biden experienced a tragedy. He lost his wife and daughter in a terrible car accident that also injured both of his sons, and he had to begin his career in the Senate while he was still grieving this loss. In 2008, Biden became the running mate of presidential candidate Barack Obama, and they were elected for two terms. Biden decided to run for the presidency himself in 2020. He campaigned against incumbent president Donald Trump and won the race in November of 2020. Two months later, Biden was officially inaugurated as the 46th U.S. president.
Search for more Listen&Learn stories:
Abdirahman Hadliye says:
Thank you so much for the way you are teaching us the English language and also for your interesting lessons. I am really interested English club.
Noureddine Bibi says:
Thanks a lot for your devices!
Ha Lai says:
Thanks for nice topic. I think Biden stressed the unity in his speeches as a very important message because unity is a value which brings people togehter and strengthen the group work
Jessica moreo says:
what an updated subject
Ramkriahna shrestha says:
I,m very happy now.why you know to many word leaning
i am enjoying englishclub.com every lesson.thanks englishclub.com.
chi du says:
This is one very good to practice reading.
I like this readind.I have seen the news of EE.UU.
It’s very good English learning website and I love America and president Joe Biden.
Epipode Nimbona says:
This is really an english club. i’ve never known it before
KOLENGAR FEIZOKAZOUI ARTHUR RONALDO says:
hello,I’m very happy to being here because i want to progress in my english.
Thank you so much
MANISHIMWE Jean D'amour says:
How are you? I’m fine but I love you so much so God protect and bless you but also I am happy because I am going to know English
The King Of Love From IRAN says: