Listen&Learn: Princess DianaJaksyn Peacock
- royal: belonging to the family of a king or queen
- heir: the person who is next in line to be a king or queen
- activism: work that is meant to cause social or political change
- awareness: public knowledge of an issue
- patient: a person who is receiving treatment for an illness or injury
- paparazzi: people who follow famous people and take pictures of them
- charity: an organization meant to raise money for people who need it
1. Princess Diana's wedding had
Princess Diana's wedding had over 2000 guests.
2. Princess Diana gained the nickname "The People's Princess" because
Princess Diana gained the nickname "The People's Princess" because she was an activist and liked to help people.
3. In 1992, Princess Diana and Prince Charles
In 1992, Princess Diana and Prince Charles separated.
- When Princess Diana was alive, she received lots of media attention. The public wanted to know everything about her life. Why do you think people are so interested in the lives of celebrities? How can this be harmful?
Princess Diana was a member of the British royal family. She was born in Norfolk, England in 1961. She became royalty at age 20 when she married Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne. The royal wedding had over 2000 guests. Diana was known for her fashion sense, but also for her activism. Throughout her life, Diana helped to raise awareness for people living with AIDS. Sometimes she even brought her sons with her when she went to visit patients. For this reason, she gained the nickname “The People’s Princess”. Even after she and Charles separated in 1992, the British media continued to pay attention to Diana. In 1997, she died in an accident after paparazzi tried to chase her car. Over two billion people around the world watched her funeral live on television, and her family created a charity in her memory.
Search for more Listen&Learn stories:
A short reading ,but really educational.I learned new vocabulary,the transcript and the audio very useful .Thanks Jaksyn 🙂
Diem Lee says:
After listening, I learned some new vocabularies. Thank you so much!
This practice is excellent for me and my practice English on grammar, listen and pronunciation
Noman Siddiki says:
Princes diana is a most beautiful and kind person in the World.
I love her and also miss her.
I liked Princess Diana
The King Of Love From IRAN says:
Thank you so much,
I liked this princes
Zahra Ahmad says:
It’s good lesson
GLON jOSEPH says:
have a good day
GLON jOSEPH says:
are paparazzi “murderer in chasing celebrities with their camera?
they are prisonners they can’t do anything
Where is the liberty?