Listen&Learn: Pablo PicassoPosted by: Jaksyn Peacock
- exhibit: a showing of an artist’s works at a gallery
- pioneer: someone who invents or develops something new
- deconstruct: to break something down into different parts
- angle: a position that something is viewed from
- Cubism: an art style that showed objects from multiple angles
- Surrealism: an art style inspired by dreams
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:19 — 1.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS | More
1. At age 14, Picasso was accepted into an art school in
At age 14, Picasso was accepted into an art school in Barcelona.
2. Picasso was known for developing
Picasso was known for developing Cubism.
3. The Cubist movement involved
The Cubist movement involved art that deconstructed objects.
- Art is very subjective. Everyone has different opinions about it. What do you think makes art “good”? Why?
Pablo Picasso was a Spanish artist. He was born in 1881, in Málaga, Spain. When he was just 14 years old, Picasso was accepted into an art school in Barcelona. He had his first exhibit in Paris in 1901, and he moved there three years later. Throughout his life, Picasso became very famous. He was best known for being a pioneer of the Cubist art movement. Along with French artist Georges Braque, he created paintings that deconstructed objects and showed multiple angles at once. However, he also experimented with many other art forms, including sculpture and Surrealist painting. Picasso died in 1973, at age 91. He is known today as one of the most important artists of the 20th century.
Search for more Listen&Learn stories:
Subscribe to EnglishClub Podcasts
an person says:
that was good
I knew his a few works but I did know about his life. So, it was interesting to listen to this. Thanks for the content. This will improve my listening skills. Also, the topic of the discussion is interesting!
I think it’s the feeling that makes art special. It conveys the artist’s message without saying even a word.
I do enjoy this kind of stories, you guys have done a great job. The best way to reach students is through making it simple and enjoyable, and you guys Know how to do so.
Milenny Polanco says:
Picasso was very interesting to me.
Rabie Bouguerra says:
art’s a good something in my life because when someone practises the art he will be quiet and happy and will be a skill.
Nandini Bhamare says:
I like this topics or way of teaching thanks a lot
Francoise Ponteville says:
I like your comprehension lesson. Culture and language. Thanks a lot
it is amazing way to learn and speak English. Thank you:)
I like this way of teaching
The King Of Love From IRAN says:
Thank you for sharing it with us,