Listen&Learn: Stephen Hawking
- physicist: a scientist who studies physics
- diagnose: to identify an illness by studying a person’s symptoms
- condition: a medical issue
- black hole: a region of space where gravity is so strong that nothing can escape
- speech synthesizer: a machine used to produce human speech
1. After Stephen Hawking was diagnosed with ALS, his doctor told him that
After Stephen Hawking was diagnosed with ALS, his doctor told him that he would only have two years to live.
2. Hawking was known for his research on
Hawking was known for his research on black holes.
3. Hawking lived until the age of
Hawking lived until the age of 76.
- Stephen Hawking once had a party for time travellers. He didn’t send the invitations out until the day after the party, so that only people from the future could show up. It was an experiment that was meant to show that time travel to the past was unlikely to be possible. Do you think that time travel could ever be possible? Why or why not?
Stephen Hawking was an English physicist. He was born in 1942 in Oxford, England. Growing up, Hawking was always very interested in math and science, and at age 17, he decided to pursue a physics degree. However, at age 21, Hawking was diagnosed with ALS, a serious condition that weakens nerves and muscles. His doctor didn’t expect him to live more than two years after his diagnosis, but Hawking was determined to get his degree. He achieved his goal, and he is now well-known for his research on black holes. Throughout his life, he also published several books about the universe. His most famous book, titled A Brief History of Time, was written to help ordinary people understand complex scientific concepts. Hawking lived much longer than expected, but his condition worsened as his life went on. Eventually, he had to use a wheelchair to move around, and a speech synthesizer to communicate. Hawking died at the age of 76, after living a full and accomplished life.
Sure,I believe it can be possible.because we already known about parallel universe.maybe just a little bit.
A good article for learning English and also an inspiring story for self improvement.
It is a easy and pretty text about a great scientist.
Ulises Rojas S. says:
A short history about Stephen Hawking, but the reader can make himself an idea, who was this famous and important scientific.
Ulises Rojas S. says:
A short history about Stephen Hawking, but the reader can make himself a idea, who was this scientific.
Lucy F. Scott says:
Awesome! Very helpful in my process of listening and writing .
Somayeh Rahmati says:
Your exercise is so much good
Eda Korkmaz says:
It was very useful. Thank you so much for this exercise
Joseph Puspana says:
How was a great spirit for struggling.
rossanny rodriguez says:
I find this dynamic excellent, it is helping me a lot for my learning in the part of reading, listening and reading comprehension
thanh ngan says:
The King Of Love From IRAN says:
PENNEC Christine says:
Jose Chauque says: