Listen&Learn: Wolfgang MozartPosted by: Jaksyn Peacock
- composer: someone who writes musical pieces
- prodigy: someone who is unusually skilled, especially at a young age
- tour: to travel to different places to perform a show
- talented: having impressive abilities
- struggle: to have problems or difficulties
- financial: relating to money
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:16 — 1.2MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS | More
See answers below
- Mozart was born in
- Mozart’s father was a professional
- When Mozart was seven,
a. he learned to play the piano
b. he composed his first pieces
c. he started touring Europe
- Why do you think so many great artists fail to make money?
- Wolfgang’s sister, Nannerl, was also a musical prodigy. However, because she was a woman, she had to give up her career once she was old enough to get married. Do you think the world would look very different today if women’s work was valued in history? Why or why not?
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was an Austrian composer. He was born in Salzburg in 1756. His father, Leopold, was a professional violinist, and he taught Mozart to play and write music from a very young age. Mozart was a child prodigy. He began composing when he was only five years old. When he was seven, he began touring Europe with his older sister, who was also very talented. He composed over 600 pieces in his lifetime. Even though he was famous for his work, Mozart struggled financially later in his life. He also became ill while writing Requiem in D Minor, his final piece. He died when he was only 35, and Requiem in D Minor was left unfinished.
Answers to comprehension questions
1a 2b 3c
Search for more Listen&Learn stories:
Subscribe to EnglishClub Podcasts
It was one of the greatest composers of the world. You feel it especially clear, if you listen to his music in your childhood. As I learned his works at teachers’ college, when I was 17 years old, I didn’t think about technik, the music fascinated me so much, that I was often sitting without any other thoughts and feelings, being highly impressed by charming melodies and their ideas.I sometimes try to play his music yet. I hope my granddaughter will like Mozart’s music, too, as much, as I did.
Honestly in the beginning I didn’t understand the article and don’t like it after few times I had listened I enjoyed so mush and I feel sorry for Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart,he died in ab early age with ill .and he was poor . that’s mean even if the person has talent prodigy may will die without anything earned.
After he died what happened to his sister
Joseph GLON says:
All famous person die without becoming rich It’s a sad destiny
Life is rude for them
thy don’t inherate the fruit of their talents
A wink from France