Listen&Learn: The RenaissanceJaksyn Peacock
- humanism: a movement during the Renaissance that focused on human happiness and success
- emerge: to develop and become well-known
- philosophy: the study of existence, thought, and reality
- contrast: a noticeable difference between two things
- Middle Ages: the time period between the fall of the Roman Empire and the Renaissance
- influential: able to affect something in a major way
1. Humanism was inspired by writings of philosophers from
Humanism was inspired by writings of philosophers from Ancient Greece.
2. One of the main ideas of humanism was that
One of the main ideas of humanism was that humans deserved wealth and happiness.
3. One of the most famous artists from the Renaissance period was
One of the most famous artists from the Renaissance period was Leonardo da Vinci.
- How has the Renaissance affected art, science, culture, and politics today?
- What do you think was the most important invention from the Renaissance period?
The Renaissance was a period of cultural change in Europe. The term ‘renaissance’ is a French word, meaning ‘rebirth’. The Renaissance began in Italy in the 14th century, when a movement called humanism became very popular. Humanism emerged after 14th-century Europeans began to rediscover ancient Greek philosophy. The main ideas of humanism were that humans deserved to pursue wealth and happiness, and that science, literature, and the arts were essential to human life. This was a contrast to the Middle Ages, when religion was often considered the most important part of life. Humanism encouraged many people to study and create art. One of the most well-known artists of this period was Italian painter Leonardo Da Vinci, the creator of the Mona Lisa. Although the Renaissance ended around the 17th century, the ideas and discoveries from back then are still influential in many cultures today.
Search for more Listen&Learn stories:
Martha Cecilia Urrea says:
Excellent. I enjoyed, it is a great excercise
This is a very interesting article.Ilike learning diferents things of the history.
MAKUSANKA RAMAZANI MATESO says:
I enjoyed and to improve my English.
Tchatchoua Ambroise Rodrique says:
WAP great, excellent, I really enjoy and learn more about this rebirth
John Yancey says:
Very enjoyable and illustrative, thanks.
Erica Soto says:
Great!to know about”The Renaissance” from that history we had learned to appreciate Art, religion, and wealth. I hope for student to learn that Renaissance is part of our history today, tomorrow, and forever. Personally, the renaissance change the world that we are living today.
mui so says:
A short text, simple and concise, easy to learn.
Reinassance was an awakaning age for the humanity. Leonardo Da Vinci not only was a paintor, he also was an invetor he made different designs of engines like a model to flight and he also studied the human anatomy. During the Renaissance there was a resurgence of music, becoming more cheerful and fresh style. In the same way ocurred on painting. Giving a more human sense to everything that was created.
Rojan Ashtab says:
Excellent, I enjoyed, this is a great way to learn English. Thank you so much.
Christine PENNEC says:
Wonderful. It’s a great exercise. Thank you.
The King Of Love From IRAN says:
Adriano Martelli says:
Thanks , I enjoyed from this article .
Mansoore Gilzadkohan says:
Excellent, This is a great way to learn English. Thank you very much.