LISTEN & LEARN in Easy English
The Causes of World War I
- assassinate: to kill an important person, especially for political reasons
- nationalist: someone with an extreme sense of loyalty to their country
- escalate: to grow, to increase
- alliance: a group of countries who have agreed to help and protect each other
- armistice: an agreement between opposing groups to stop fighting
1. World War I began in
World War I began in 1914.
2. The members of the Triple Entente were
The members of the Triple Entente were Russia, France, and Britain.
World War I ended when
World War I ended when both sides signed an armistice.
- Do you know anyone who has fought in a war? What were their experiences?
World War I began in 1914 when Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary was assassinated by a Serbian nationalist. After this, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. This conflict began to escalate because of the many alliances in Europe at the time. Germany supported Austria-Hungary in the conflict, and Russia sided with Serbia. Russia was also part of a larger alliance known as the Triple Entente, which included France and Britain. Eventually, more countries began to join the war. This war was different from previous wars because of new technology such as machine guns, tanks, and airplanes. World War I lasted until November 1918, when both sides signed an armistice.
Oh ! Mentioning about World War I , it was so terrible when they was using some poisons make people nowadays have to suffer. That ridiculous war was push many people into orphans. Having peaceful of life today , which we need to thank for many soldiers guarding this country❤️
a good way to improve listiniung
World war III is inevitable.
JOSE RAMON SALVADOR DIAGO says:
Very interesting podcast