Listen&Learn: CloningJaksyn Peacock
- genetic: relating to genes
- identical: exactly the same
- organism: any individual living thing
- embryo: an unborn, developing organism
- advanced: modern and complex
- ethical: relating to the moral concepts of “right” or “wrong”
1. In the 1900s, researchers attempted to clone
In the 1900s, researchers attempted to clone animal embryos.
2. The 1996 cloning experiment produced a cloned
The 1996 cloning experiment produced a cloned sheep.
3. Scientists have not cloned humans because
Scientists have not cloned humans because people have ethical concerns.
- The article says that many people have ethical concerns about the consequences of human cloning. What do you think some of those concerns might be?
- Do you think human cloning should be legal? Why or why not?
Cloning is the process of creating a genetically identical copy of an organism. Researchers have been experimenting with cloning since the 1900s, when they attempted to create genetic copies of animal embryos. As technology became more advanced, it became possible to make clones of fully-grown creatures. The first successful cloning of an adult organism was in 1996, when a British research group managed to produce a cloned sheep. The sheep’s name was Dolly, and she lived for six years. Scientists have since managed to clone many other types of animals. In fact, there are now companies that offer expensive pet cloning services. The idea of human cloning has come up in scientific discussions, but many people have ethical concerns about the consequences. Because of this, human cloning is illegal in several countries.
Search for more Listen&Learn stories:
Very intresting article. Thank!
I guess whem you talk about clone human organ it sounds good for me, because that can save human lives, but clone humans it’s against the natural las.
Thanks for teaching us.
The King Of Love From IRAN says:
mari carmen says:
I think that isn’t a good idea. Those experiments because can be bad in the wrong hands
Martha Cecilia Urrea says:
1, I think it is a process of divine order
2. I Think of course I think that is should not be legal, respect the natural order.
Vivan Akinyosoye says:
i want to thank you for this information
Reycard Gayondato says:
I want to become a member it can help me a lot for my pronunciation and how to speak proper grammar
it helps you to exercise your Listening skills, particularly in English language. I had fun listening, listening tract is informative. I love it!
Jn Matulnes says:
I want to be a member of this club
Sakhawat hosen says:
Just test purpose for English learning.