LISTEN & LEARN in Easy English
How Vaccines Work
- vaccine: a substance that helps people develop immunity to a virus
- trigger: to cause something
- immune system: the system that protects the body from disease
- antibody: a protein made in the blood that fights infections
- imitate: to simulate or resemble something
- inactive: not infectious; causes no symptoms
- inject: to use a syringe to put medicine in the body
1. Vaccines are effective because
Vaccines are effective because they trigger the body's immune response.
2. Most vaccines contain
Most vaccines contain weak or inactive viruses.
3. The immune system responds to a vaccine by
The immune system responds to a vaccine by producing antibodies.
- In some places, vaccines are a controversial subject. Some people are uncomfortable with putting unfamiliar substances into their bodies. Do you think these people are right to be concerned, or is disease prevention more important?
Vaccines are some of the best methods for preventing disease. The reason vaccines are so effective is that they trigger the body’s natural immune response to viruses. When a person becomes infected with a new disease, their body recognizes that the virus is unfamiliar. The immune system then works to fight off the virus by producing antibodies. After recovering from a sickness, your body will remember how to fight it off if you are ever infected again. This provides a temporary immunity to the virus that you were exposed to. A vaccine works by imitating a real infection. Most vaccines contain a weakened or inactive version of the virus they are meant to protect against. When this virus is injected into the body, the immune system believes it is harmful and attempts to fight it off. Because the immune system now recognizes this virus, it will remember how to produce antibodies if you are ever exposed to the real virus. This way, you can be protected from disease without being infected first.
Krishna Shah says:
Heysha Zaveri says:
i got all correct
vedha hiren daga says:
this is one of the worst websites i’v ever used.
Sahar Kamel says:
great website, really enjoyed.
I sincerely hope so too.
felicia helice says:
this website is absolutely nice
Hương Giang says:
This litening practice test is so good
Thank you for the wonderful lesson especially this time since the world hasn’t yet invent the medicine nor vaccine.
Sang Phan says:
Hi there! I totally agree with you. I think this short audio-text is a hot subject amid coronavirus pandemic outbreak around the world. It helps people grasp how vaccines work to understand the great importance to invent one vaccine against this disease.
According to CNN updated May 1, 20, the novel coronavirus has infected more than 3,2 million people and killed at least 233 thousand around the world. So the vaccine to fight off this disease is currently indispensable to our world.
Injecting vaccine into the body could be uncomfortable for some, but disease prevention is more important, I guess.
Inmigrante Digital says:
Let’s hope it won’t take long to discover one against the Covid 19.
thanks and regards,