- Preview the vocabulary and read the gapfill text.
- Play the news report and try to fill in the blanks.
- Answer the comprehension questions by writing full sentences.
- Use the discussion question to write an essay or discuss the story with other students.
- Click "show Answers" to see the full text.
- Pretend to be a news anchor by reading each story out loud.
No Trace Of Malaysian Airliner
dateline: 11 March 2014
- false alarm: something that turns out to be untrue or unrelated
- debris: parts or materials that are left or found after an accident
- distress: anxiety; major concern or worry
- emerge: to become known after some time, or to come into view
- hijacking: the illegal takeover of a vehicle by force
- rule out: to exclude; to state that something is definitely not the cause
No Trace of Malaysian Airliner
Written by Tara Benwell for EnglishClub
Tara Benwell is a Canadian freelance writer and editor who specializes in materials and articles for the ELT industry.