- Preview the vocabulary and read the gapfill text.
- Play the news report and try to fill in the blanks.
- Answer the comprehension questions by writing full sentences.
- Use the discussion question to write an essay or discuss the story with other students.
- Click "show Answers" to see the full text.
- Pretend to be a news anchor by reading each story out loud.
Electronic Devices Must Be Charged To Fly To US
dateline: 08 July 2014
- measure: procedure
- US-bound: heading to the US
- permit: allow
- dead: uncharged; not functioning
- heighten: increase in degree
Written by Tara Benwell for EnglishClub
Tara Benwell is a Canadian freelance writer and editor who specializes in materials and articles for the ELT industry.