- Preview the vocabulary and read the gapfill text.
- Play the news report and try to fill in the blanks.
- Answer the comprehension questions by writing full sentences.
- Use the discussion question to write an essay or discuss the story with other students.
- Click "show Answers" to see the full text.
- Pretend to be a news anchor by reading each story out loud.
Germany Wins 2014 World Cup
dateline: 15 July 2014
- tune in: to watch or listen to something via radio, TV, or Internet
- overtime: extra time that is played after regulation time due to a tie
- in a row: one after another with no space or time in between
Written by Tara Benwell for EnglishClub
Tara Benwell is a Canadian freelance writer and editor who specializes in materials and articles for the ELT industry.