Airplane Mode Saves Your Battery
Interesting Facts in Easy English
- switch: move to a different position
- Wi-Fi: a wireless network that provides Internet connection
- Bluetooth: a trademarked name for a short-range wireless connection for computerized devices
- GPS: global positioning system, a satellite-based system that provides the location of a device or object
- interfere: get in the way; cause a disturbance
- charge: to restore power to something that uses a battery
- distraction: something that causes you to take your attention away from a task or focal point
Airplane Mode Saves Your Battery
- What does airplane mode do to a mobile device?
- Why is it important to set a mobile device to airplane mode when on a plane?
- How can airplane mode come in handy when you’re not travelling?
Discussion Questions: How was life different before cell phones and mobile devices? If you could go back to a life that wasn’t so dependent on batteries and plugging in, would you?
show Answershide Answers
If you’ve travelled on an airplane in recent years, you’ve probably been asked to switch your mobile device to airplane mode. When you switch to airplane mode, your mobile device no longer connects with cell phone towers. You can’t access Wi-Fi networks or use Bluetooth. You probably won’t receive GPS signals either. Airplane mode disables the wireless transmissions that could interfere with the plane’s sensors and navigation equipment. There are times when you aren’t travelling that airplane mode can come in handy. You can save your cell phone’s battery life by placing it on airplane mode. Though you won’t be able to use your device to communicate or receive messages or calls, you can save the last bit of power for an emergency. You can also put your phone on airplane mode before you charge it. This helps it charge more quickly. Airplane mode is also a handy setting to use when you want to avoid distractions, but don’t want to power off.
- Airplane mode prevents a device from receiving radio signals.
- It is important to set a mobile device to airplane mode so that it doesn’t interfere with the plane’s sensors and navigation equipment.
- Airplane mode can come in handy when you need to preserve your battery life or charge a device quickly. It can also prevent distractions when you need to complete a task.
Sabri ISMAIL says:
In my opinion ,to be connected all the time is not good thing, the cellularphone towers cause more damaged to human and environnement. Many sciences research was measured their bad effects to the nature.
But, in the other side the celleular phone was saved more life in an emergency situation.
I think that is more dofficult to me and to humanity in general to return back without technologies.
Our life before cellphones and mobile devices was simple and bases human values.At first, people didn t wait an occasion for visite members of family or Friends, though,nowaday it become so different just by a call that de fer their news, Also, people become less gregarious they prefer to be in social media,to play games alone by phone device.then,it s really unhealthy it damage our eyes.However,it has many advantages,the most important for me that it remove the barrier of distance when de live so far from family.Finally if i could back to a life before i will prefer without this dependance of cellphone.
Soumaya ALOUI says:
actually living without a cell phone it is impossible because it facilitates our life of communication .