Internet Vocabulary: Nouns
Here are 5 nouns you should know and understand when using the Internet in English.
- browser: a program that lets you look at the Internet
Ex: I used to use Internet Explorer, but now I am trying out a new browser called Google Chrome.
- social media network: a website that connects people; allows you to share information such as photos, links, and updates
Ex: Businesses are now using social media networks like Facebook for advertising.
- traffic: the amount of users that visit a website
Ex: Writing a blog is a good way to increase traffic on your website.
- widget: a small program that you can add to a webpage or desktop that offers specific information, such as twitter updates, the weather, a calendar.
Ex: You can add a calendar widget to your web page.
- hypertext: a word or phrase that you can click on with your mouse; takes you to a related web page
Ex: Add hypertext to your resume to connect employers to your website.
Tara Benwell is a Canadian freelance writer and editor who specializes in materials and articles for the ELT industry.
Bùi Trung Hiếu says:
i want it’s has a lot of vocabulary. That don’t enoup for me