Internet Vocabulary: Verbs
Here are 5 verbs you should know and understand when using the Internet in English:
- download: to take information off the Internet and store it on your computer for viewing later (opposite of “upload”)
Ex: You can download music and listen to it on your MP3 player.
- launch: to offer or start something new
Ex: The technology company will launch a new product on Friday.
- bookmark: to save a website or web page so that you can share it or find it easily another time
Ex: You can use the Share button on EnglishClub to bookmark your favourite pages.
- embed: to insert something (such as a video) onto another webpage
Ex. You can embed a YouTube video on your blog to attract more visitors.
- freeze: to suddenly stop working (technology)
Ex. The screen froze, so I had to turn my computer off.