10 Questions with “Where”
To find a place or thing in an English speaking country use the word “where”:
Here are 10 questions travellers ask:
1. Where is the phone?
2. Where is the bank?
3. Where is the washroom? (also called toilet, bathroom, ladies’ room, mens’ room)
4. Where is the Internet cafe?
5. Where can I get a taxi?
6. Where is the bus stop?
7. Where is the hotel?
8. Where is the doctor’s office? (hospital, walk-in-clinic)
9. Where is the shopping centre?
10. Where can I park? (put the car)
A polite way to ask the same question is:
“Excuse me. Can you tell me where the ________ is?”
“Excuse me. Is there a ___________ nearby?”
*Don’t worry if you forget the whole sentence. Smile and ask “where” + place or thing.
In the comment section, try changing the 10 questions above to polite questions. Note the word order (Where is the becomes …where the… is).
Here is another question you can ask when you travel the world.
Where is the love?[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H1r1BMmGbc[/youtube]