- excess: too much of something
- greenhouse gas: a gas that traps heat from the sun
- atmosphere: the layer of gas that surrounds the Earth
- drought: a long period of time without rain
- ecosystem: an area where certain plants and animals live and interact
The Causes and Effects of Climate Change
1. The gas that is put into the atmosphere by burning fossil fuels is
The gas that is put into the atmosphere by burning fossil fuels is carbon dioxide.
2. Scientists predict that by 2050,
Scientists predict that by 2050, the Arctic ice will be completely melted.
3. One easy way to prevent climate change is
One easy way to prevent climate change is eating less meat.
- As mentioned above, some of the best ways to help prevent climate change are using less energy, taking public transportation and eating meat less. Have you made any of these changes in your life? What else do you do to help prevent climate change?
Climate change is a major problem in the world today. Scientists believe that climate change is mainly caused by an excess of greenhouse gases, like methane, carbon dioxide, and nitrous oxide. Humans put these into the atmosphere with our everyday activities. The excess of atmospheric carbon dioxide is caused by burning fossil fuels, which we use to power our cars. Climate change is expected to cause many issues in the future, such as droughts, strong storms, and the loss of ecosystems. Scientists predict that the Arctic ice will be completely melted by 2050. However, there are lots of simple ways to help prevent this. Using less energy, taking public transportation often and eating meat less are all easy ways to fight climate change.