Search found 3 matches

by HelloSensei
Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:17 pm
Forum: Help Each Other with English
Topic: computer studies/ information technology
Replies: 3
Views: 4876

Re: computer studies/ information technology

Though provoking post. My two cents.... In Canada, 'Computer Studies' would be part of the curriculum at some elementary, junior and high schools. Once you get past High School I see the term 'Computer Science' used as it refers to a degree or certificate program. Even though the day to day material...
by HelloSensei
Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:06 pm
Forum: Help Each Other with English
Topic: "Won" interchangeable with "beat"?
Replies: 4
Views: 3027

Re: "Won" interchangeable with "beat"?

This got me thinking about similar verbs that many people may misuse thinking that they are interchangeable in any situation. Not true.. not true. Watch out for 'steal' and 'rob' too. You 'steal' an object from someone and you can 'steal' money for example like in this sentence. The bank robber stol...
by HelloSensei
Wed May 27, 2009 8:36 am
Forum: Food & Fitness
Topic: lose weight
Replies: 48
Views: 46739

Re: lose weight

Wow! This thread has been going for a few years now. The battle to lose weight or to keep the weight off is one I have been fighting for years myself. It is about 80% diet ( not dieting but diet. As in food you eat and not counting calories etc. ) and the remaining 20% exercise. I lost 25 pounds ( 1...